Of Kindergarten!
He was up and dressed early....
And his little brother was struggling to hold it together......
Mrs. Bachman drives the bus and arrived promptly at the bus stop just a few houses up the street. Wyatt hugged us, waved and hopped on without looking back.
As the bus pulled away, we all waved and cheered through stinging eyes. I kept reminding myself, this is a healthy step! We've prayed over this child and his education, worked toward this goal and ultimately trust God but, Master Wade just couldn't hold it together.
The sobbing began and continued....as we walked back home, we snuggled in the recliner and had ourselves a healthy cry. Thankfully Willow was able to provide Kleenex and loving pats!
As the snivels were subsiding and we were putting ourselves together Wade looked at me with a tear stained face and said,
"Mom, I just love my darling brother SO much! I promise to never ever fight with him again!"
Well, after that first half day, we were in the house 7 minutes before they started scrapping again.
Each day they sweetly hug and kiss at the bus stop before Wyatt gets on.
And every afternoon Wade runs to the bus stop to welcome him home.
And each day I am thankful for a healthy, exuberant, fun loving Wyatt that comes home ready to share about his day.
You have a great blog. I love reading about your family as you have a wonderful way with words. Sounds like there is never a dull moment at your place. Aunt Barb Z
ReplyDeleteThat first picture is priceless! The lighting is awesome and the anxious little boy kneeling down p-a-t-ie-n-t-l-y waiting for the school bus!
ReplyDeletexoxo
erl