Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Boys Meet Girl

Rather than waiting for our baby to arrive the boys and I headed out to the zoo on Monday morning (March 12). It was great to soak up time with my little cowboys skipping (alright, maybe I wasn't skipping but my heart felt like it!) around the zoo and squealing at every snake they pointed out.
We returned home for lunch, a dear friend came over to watch the boys and I headed out to my doctor's appointment. They sent me from the doctor's office straight to the hospital after seeing a concerning pattern of the baby's heart rate on the monitor.
Yipes!
I needed my husband in town....
So, all details and timeline aside....our little girl arrived safe and healthy the next morning.....
and her big brothers came to visit proudly wearing their
camo, John Deere, Big Brother shirts!
I guess you can tell....
they are thrilled with their sister.
Almost immediately she was unwrapped so that all of her little toes and fingers could be counted and her umbilical cord inspected.




Oh! The blessing of family.
Maybe it's a given, I am just 2 weeks postpartum...but
I can't look at this photo without my heart swelling and tears streaming down my cheeks.
Amazing.
God has given me four blessings, grace and the opportunity to meet each day loving and providing a secure home for them.
I'm pretty sure I could have never even dreamed this!
I'm pretty sure I never want to take this for granted!

2 comments:

  1. OHHHHH! Thank you for posting more pictures! My heart too swells and emotions rise at the last picture! So precious! So beautiful--the love and miracle of a family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures, and I love those big brother shirts! I'll bet that little darling has all 3 of those men (and mom) wrapped around her finger by now!
    Hugs and kisses to all!
    Love, Erica

    ReplyDelete