Clutching a bloody stump, hobbling into the bedroom the story as told by Wyatt went something like this....
"I was with my friends and were playing hide-n-seek in the forest. I saw a shadow getting close to me. It was a great fierce bear. It got closer and closer and then it snapped at my foot. Ahhhhhhhhhh....look Mom, the teeth were very sharp and I think I need the hospital."
Wowzers!
I sprung into action by quickly holding pressure on the injured extremity and calling in the Trauma Team. I then began preparing for a procedure when my next client arrived in the trauma bay. This little fella had not only tangled with the great fierce bear but had also been bitten by a snake and then chopped him to pieces! *gasp* Taking a deep breath I quickly triaged these two brave warriors and before long the injuries were well taken care of, bleeding minimized, pain controlled, tetanus shots given, extremities elevated and antibiotics administered.
Whew!
What can I say?
Oh boys, you are very blessed little forest stompers to have an ICU nurse for a mama-bear:)
ReplyDeleteXOXO
ERL
Where both of them bitten?
ReplyDeleteI'm amazed that they are so smiley with such serious injuries..must have high pain tolerances!
ReplyDeleteMary