Thursday, March 24, 2011

Blink, blink went the little white car.


I love how all cars develop personality and/or quirks. I have never driven a vehicle without pizazz and my current set of wheels has not been an exception!
Blink, blink says my car!!!!!
This is BIG news!
For the first time in year(s) (the exact length of time will not be divulged in an effort to protect the innocent) I now have fully functioning blinkers.
After assuring me for years (oopps! I mean a really long time) that hand signals are ample and sufficient and signaling is optional in most cases, you guessed it, my super skillz husband, as a token of his love for me, fixed my blinkers (by himself, while watching the boys, ordering parts, removing the dash and etc.!).
I used to hope that a police officer would be following me when I attempted to safely signal and promptly pull me over to write a "fix it ticket," that never happened.
I used to have visions of gang bangers or road rage victims shooting my tires out with their pistols, that never happened.
I used to spend many Saturday mornings trying to get on the NPR talk show Car Talk, I never got on the show.
And I used to get a lot of the one finger wave, really, I did!
But now thanks to my resourceful, sweet, loving, not so prompt, but still loving husband a dream I dared not dream has come true.
I have fulling functioning blinkers.
Yahooooooooooooo!
Thank you dear husband.
After dark, I think I will go out and scoop the loop! (hehe, I am not even sure if they do that around here.....!)

No comments:

Post a Comment