A sunrise on the farm.
Feeling quite sure that Grandpa and Grandma needed our help the little boys traveled with their Mama to the farm. A seemingly long trip was made short with the promise of days of farm fun.
In true mother prep mode I chatted with the boys about how Grandma and Papa Farmer don't allow whining or crying on their farm.
As we neared the farm the boys were reading quietly in the backseat and I was engrossed in the daily Focus on the Family Broadcast. It was moving....and I started to cry....silently at first and then full out sniffles and tears.
From the backseat Wyatt scolds, "Mom, NO CRYING AND WHINING on Papa's Farm!"
I dried my tears as we pulled onto the gravel road.
Our days were chucked full of adventures: fresh Iowa air, combine and tractor rides, Grandma's good cookin', beautiful sunrises and sunsets, farm chores, yummy picnics in the bed of the pickup, play dates with cousins, visits with Great Grandma, raspberry picking, cows, making mud soup and Grandma's toys.
Thank you God for a beautiful and safe harvest!
We love you Grandma & Grandpa Farmer!
Additional Note:
Come to find out this ended up to be a rather spendy trip. Video surveillance is not a joke!


Wow.. I've always thought, too, that video surveillance WAS a joke.. until now!
ReplyDeleteThe picture of the boys with Papa Norm brings tears to my eyes - priceless! I'm thinking it would make a great gift for Papa Farmer.
ReplyDeleteMiss you like nutso!
Angela
Wonderful pics of fun times on the farm with the grandparents! LOVE the last photo(s) - both of them!
ReplyDeleteLove this post, Nancy! And I second Angela's comment--the picture of your boys walking with Papa Norm is powerful.
ReplyDeleteso, they mailed you a picture of your car? hmmm.. I never knew of such things. well pooey!