Supper clean-up time results in much prompting (via mom), correcting (via mom), giggles (via Dad), pranks (via boys) and discussing (via boys).
Admittedly, many of evenings I would rather everyone disappear from the kitchen!
How my soul rejoices in quietness! :)
I digress.
So, last evening as Wade was drying dishes and Wyatt was brooming, he says, "I just don't feel right about calling tomorrow Good Friday."
"Yeah," says Wade, "don't people know that Jesus had to suffer an awful death! It's crazy they would call it good."
I listen.
"Well," says Wyatt, "I understand that it is a good day for Christians, but rather than call it good we should be sorrowful for our sins. Jesus said he was exceeding sorrowful, even unto death."
Sighing Wade says, "Yep, let's never say Good Friday again but call it Sad or Sorrowful Friday from now on."
So today on Sorrowful Friday we celebrate redemption from sin. We have a Savior who suffered, died, arose and is ALIVE today!
Happy Easter!
Well, I would say that have it right...to a point. Out of the mouth of young lads
ReplyDeleteUMike & AKathy