Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Told you so!

Many of you have wondered....."What did the boys say?"
Funny you should ask.......
While I was pregnant with Willow the boys took special interest in my prenatal vitamins.  The bottle looked much like this one with a sweet baby's face.  The pills soon became the "baby pills."  And I overheard Wyatt explaining to Wade several occasions that, "Mom takes those pills to have a baby."  Fair enough.....great explanation!  While I didn't encourage this idea, I did nothing to correct their thinking.
Ashamedly, I was not as compliant with routinely taking my vitamin after Willow was born. (probably because there has been SO much time!)
So, Master Wade-o noticed when I began reaching for the prenatals on a more routine basis.  One morning as I reached for the vitamin bottle at breakfast he stood up, shook his finger and proclaimed, "Mom, I have told you once, and I am NOT telling you again.....If you keep taking those pills you will have another baby!"
I sighed.
Thank you Captain Obvious!
The rest of the story really tells itself.
When we told the boys that we were going to have another baby.  They both grinned from ear to ear and then with big eyes, Wade says, "MOM!  I told you those pills would make you pregnant!"
And then Wyatt piped up, "Yeah Mom, Wade warned you!"

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious!!! Love those boys! (And Willow too...and new baby L)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha!! I'm sure there is never a dull moment in your house. Congratulations on the new baby!

    Erin Lamka

    ReplyDelete