Friday, February 11, 2011

Burpee Strikes

I haven't even had the blues. I have thoroughly been enjoying the winter. Oh, I am one of those crazies who really loves snow, doesn't mind the cold and relishes cozy evenings on the couch snuggled under a blanket. It's winter and spring will come. So I am all happy snappy until....

Then discontentment struck.

My Burpee Gardening catalog finally came in the mail......
I have been pouring over 147 pages of brightly colored annuals, succulent tomatoes, oodles of peppers, numerous varieties of greens, a rich palette of perennials, lick-the-pages-they-look-so yummy strawberry plants, an abundance of fragrant herbs and etc.
A lot of me is nostalgic over seed catalogs. Probably has to do with my agricultural roots and the distinct memory of snuggling next to my mom, grandma or Aunt Doreen on the couch and oohing and ahhing over the delicious looking pages. Either way, I've sketched a garden plan, dogeared many pages and made plans to till up nearly the entire backyard. Trust me, we will need the space! (of coarse, none of this has made it past my approval board...but still!)
A girl has got to have a plan.
Now, if only the snow would melt so I could get the tiller started
before I present to the approval board!
Ha.

1 comment:

  1. Nancy - I've been saying that I need to order my garden seed on a hot, humid, buggy August day, not when it's January and I can't wait to get out there. Maybe then I wouldn't order the gallons of seeds that I get and keep expanding my garden! Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete