Friday, August 20, 2010

On prayer.

As parents, our prayer is that each child will take the instructions from their minds into their hearts so that it can bear fruit in their lives.

Sounds great...right!? Well, after an extremely trying day of misbehavior and discipline I sat both boys on the couch (and counted to 10.....a couple of times). Ahem.


After confiscating the fire helmet, pick axe and fireman's jacket, Wyatt was left with a quivering lip. I began my speech. It was one of those well controlled Mom type speeches when you know that Mama bear is way too calm and surely is teetering on the edge of insanity and then she starts in on how special you are and how much it upsets her to see you disobey and how deeply your actions hurt Jesus......


Eyes welling with tears,

Wyatt says, "I think we better pray."

2 comments:

  1. Wow Nancy! What a testimony to Christ's faithfulness in Wyatt's life! What an awesome experience as a parent. This story made my morning. :-)

    ReplyDelete