Friday, April 2, 2010

It is Officially Over!

April Fools Day. Those of you who have know me for years know that April Fools Day ranks on the tippy top list of one of my favorite holidays to embrace, celebrate and commemorate. Who doesn’t love a good giggle?! Even if it is the oldie of, “Hey Bobby, you’ve got a spot on your shirt!" Seriously, that is funny!

I think I used to be so funnily annoying on April Fools Day that most people just avoided me. Imagine! Well, sadly, I think I have let go. The holiday has officially come and gone and I didn’t pull one single joke! I tried first thing this morning with Mr. Husband and I was met with a huge growl and just like that I released my super funny gene that comes into action once a year!

You see, about 5 years ago I pulled a good one! Mr. Husband, albeit he is amazing and wonderful, he tends to ignore me at times. *gasp* Or better stated, when I mention that something is wrong with the car. (I have a knack for wrecking most everything and another knack for causing him much more stress than he deserves. FOR SURE!)

So, I had mentioned that there were a couple of dash lights on in the car requiring his immediate attention. No response. So, perfectly, my holiday rolled around. It was Saturday and I had had a class in the morning. As I was coming home I telephoned dear husband and in true panic mode explained I was on the side of the interstate narrowly missing a huge crash after a tire had blown at highway speed. There may have been more details, that have become fuzzy…. However, it was after I knew he was worried and on his way out the door to rescue me that I giggled.

Guess what?!
Husband. NOT impressed. At all!

And he still doesn’t respond to my automotive pleas. Not a good plan on my part!

1 comment: