Wednesday, March 24, 2010

You go to jail?

As soon as I saw the car tucked away I knew. Uh-oh. I took my foot off the gas and cruised by….the car followed me with lights flashing.
I sighed, “Shucks Wyatt, the policeman is pulling me over.”
“Why he pull you over Mom?” he asked.
I reply, “Oh, Mommy mad a bad choice. I was driving too fast buddy.” I turn in my seat (the vehicle was stopped now) to see a quivering chin and welling tears.
In a trembling voice he manages, “He take you to jail, Mom? No, me no want you to go to jail.”
I think to myself, “YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS, he really does love me! And wants me around!” :) I turn to face the music………the police officer.
After the “music” Wyatt again inquires if I will be going to jail. I reassure him he is stuck with me. Then he asks, “Dad take your car away?”
I giggle, “He might.” After all I have had two encounters in a weeks time. (oops!)
“Maybe he buy you a slow car that is green.” He concludes. “Your car is too fast.”


For now, I am just on some serious probation!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Wyatt! I miss you, buddy! I'll bet your mommy wished your tears got her out of trouble. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh too funny :) Wyatt has the right idea....green is the "slow" color;) Make Jeremy his fav meal tonight and I bet you will win him over and you keep your car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids say the darndest things. Thanks for sharing your unfortunate luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy! His tears & him saying he didn't want you to go to jail didn't get you out of it? That's not a very sympathetic police officer!! He needs to be written up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the call the other day... it made me feel so much better! :)

    ReplyDelete