Caramel Corn!
I am a popcorn lover....
through and through.
I can easily eat popcorn in the morning, in the afternoon and in the evening too
AND
mostly certainly it constitutes as a meal....
right?!
While I may not be hungry for popcorn, if my snout gets a wiff, I mostly certainly need popcorn!
Consequently the boys love it too!
Yesterday, we,
(of coarse, it was we, even if the boys had never experienced it before)
had this hankering for caramel popcorn.
SO....
this is what we made...
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup white corn syrup
1 cup oleo
1 tsp salt
Place ingredients in 2 quart measuring cup and microwave for 5-8 minutes on high, or until mixture boils. Remove and stir in 1 teaspoon baking soda. Put 15 cups popped popcorn in a brown paper bag that has been sprayed with oil. Pour half the caramel mixture over the popcorn and shake. Microwave 1 1/2 minutes on high. Shake and microwave another 1 1/2 minutes on high. Shake and microwave for 30 seconds on high. Shake and spread out on a large pan to dry. Repeat the process with another brown paper bag, 15 cups of popcorn and remaining half of caramel.
Now we can't keep our sticky fingers out of the bowl!
Yum! Sounds good. You didn't invite me for supper.....:-)
ReplyDeleteyum...maybe next time you host Bible study, you could have a hankering for it again. I could probably help eat it. :)
ReplyDelete