Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Angels of Mercy

My very own 'Angels of Mercy!'
*This collage turned out kinda small....sorry! Just click on it and it should enlarge.*
All week long I could hardly focus.......we were going back to Des Moines AND I was going to get to meet up with my friends!!!!!!!!!
Now, don't get me wrong. God has blessed our move in unspeakable ways. We love it here.
But, there are certain things we miss like crazy......
Like my dear friends from Mercy.
Goodness sakes.....these gals practically raised me. Right girls?!
Ahem.
Really, truthfully, they spent a lot of time teaching me the ropes of critical care nursing, and they did a darn good job of it too! I give them the credit for much of my nursing experience and skill, however, that only tips the surface! They guided me in learning to: be assertive, care deeply, love unconditionally, plunge ahead even when it is deep (like elbow deep!), patiently deal, cry when it hurts, rejoice in the tiniest of miracles and laugh until it aches. They too, may have taught me a few other life lessons, words, and/or phrases that I probably didn't have or need to know, but hey, it comes with the territory! Folks, these ladies tucked a young girl under their wing and turned out.......................well they turned out me!
We have memories galore!
As I sit here and write about these girls happy tears stream down my cheeks. Big surprise! They are an outstanding group of friends! They were sweet enough to once again pour out their love and meet us for an evening of fun. It was great to catch up!
Oh yeah, and little Wade met a cute new girlfriend!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Look at Jeremy with all the ladies!!! haha. Wade-o found a cute one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad for your fun weekend! Looks like loads of fun! Ella is only a little jealous of Wade's new girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, Tina told me she got to see you and watch your adorable boys. I would love to meet them and see you all. Btw, Wades gf is quite a cutie if I must say so myself!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nanc, Thank you so much for making time for us. We all agreed, we couldn't of found a better way to spend the evening!!! Having your 3 boys there was the icing on the cake!
    We'll take credit for teaching you the ropes of critical care if you take credit for always showing and reminding us how to do that job with the most loving care! Love you, Brenda.

    ReplyDelete