Be on the steps of city hall picketing, protesting, striking, begging and besieging! Or maybe I should have spent countless hours roaming our little city with a notebook speaking to citizens of every age, gender, race and socioeconomic status imploring them to sign petitions or convince them to storm city hall with me. Maybe I should have gotten a group together to TP all of the city council men and women’s homes and maybe I should have written a stack of editorials and yes, I probably should have stayed informed. Cause now, now I am hot, and I can’t do or say anything about it. I wasn’t involved in my local government and now I must reap the consequences. Sadly, due to my ignorance, our current garbage company lost their contract. You read right. Lost their contract. When Mr. Garbage Man pulled up to our curb last week he hung his head and told little Wyatt and Wade (and I) that they had 5 weeks left together. Talk about rib your heart out!!!!!!!!!!!! Thankfully, Wyatt didn’t have a clue but ole mama bear’s teary eyes quickly turned to rage. How dare our city council! Of coarse, they are replacing Mr. Garbage Man with a giant company. The buzz around town is that they are a rather unfriendly sanitation working bunch that is always in hurry. The really sad part about this whole story is is that Mr. Garbage Man may loose his job! A tragedy to be sure. On October 1 they will layoff 5 garbage men. Why, why must we mess with a good thing?
Where was I? Well, it is hard to say.
Maybe I was here.

Here.

Or here.

Or, quite possibly, I was doing this.

Or that.

But, most likely, I was loving, guiding, snuggling, caring, praying and nurturing these little buddies!
(plus the daddy buddy that lives here too)!
you crack me up, Nanc! Great post, so sorry about the garbage man:( poor lil Wyatt doesn't even know what's coming!! Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteHaven't had a chance to check your page in a little while. Sorry to hear about your garbage man. Carter is starting to take a liking to ours. He watches him out the window every Monday. He is a nice guy as well.
ReplyDeleteI am also very sorry to hear about your friend and Jeremy's cousin. We'll be praying for them and their families.
Erin Lamka
Wow, that really makes me sad about your sweet garbage man! I know how much Wyatt loves him. I'll bet Wyatt made Mr. Garbage Man feel so special to be looked up to so much. It's a job that we all take for granted! Here's to Mr. Garbage Man!!
ReplyDeleteSis. Nance~ I told you you were an eloquent writer...no wonder you write for the SL :)
ReplyDelete