Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It's a Full Pull.

You may have guessed it........
our annual date night.........
Gotta love the thrill and adrenaline of a truck and tractor pull!
Ahhh, the smell of burning fuel.
This year we got to attend with a very special birthday girl
and even had a Grandma watching the boys (thanks Mom!).




The hot rod semis were the highlight of the pull. Of coarse, they are last on the program. Would it sound fishy if I told you were were watching these babies in the early hours of our Sunday morning?!
Mmmmm.
Sad, but true.



This is "Red Hot & Rollin' "
With a gal at the wheel!
YeeHaw!

6 comments:

  1. I had no idea that you two were tractor pull fans! I grew up doing this stuff! Actually, my uncle has a tractor, the Fountain Creek Streek (JD 6030) that he pulls in the ITPA....just got first place in the pull in Peoria and is leading the points!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Too funny..... Our hiden secret?! We are as hickish (? if that is a word!?) as they come. Or, better stated, we use our hickishness in moderation! :) We are suckers for the country and just about everything that comes with it. Sadly, this part of the country does not warrant rodeo going much otherwise we both may be ridin' and ropin'! with the kids mutton bustin'! Teehee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I've only been to two rodeo's...good stuff.

    You could always buy a sheep and let the kids ride it around the back yard! I always get a kick out of that, plus if would make for some great blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MmmmMmmm! Got to love a good tractor pull! I am right there with ya Nanc! I like me a rodeo too. Seems this farm girl married a city slick though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was one of my best birthdays! Nothing like the smell of the turbines from the tractors, semis roaring and the company of my precious son and daughter-in-law! I miss my Wyatt and Wade so much this week! Thanks for your time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate to the "romantic" dates. We went to a hockey game for Valentine's Day. You know life is good when you can find romance in tractor pulls and hockey games. =)

    ReplyDelete