And so our party day began.......
At the local grocer I sweetly place an order for a Elmo balloon bouquet. I assured the clerk I would finish my shopping and return for the balloons. (I had a hefty list....)
When I return the balloons were handed to me.......with no weight.......so I say, "No weight?" And the clerk replies, that they are an additional charge of $1.50. Outrageous! I think, and tie the balloons to my cart. I turn my laden cart around and head to the the check-out........and believe it or not, my sweet Elmo balloons slip off the cart and sail to the raised, very high ceiling...........
I slump.
And then turn around and bashfully point to where the balloons are bobbing.
The clerk, not happy, agrees to fill my order yet again.
This time very, very, very slowly,
but I am still happy, happy, happy!
and lick the beater and the bowl clean.
A mess, but hey, it's the little guy's birthday and I am used to this great help.
Mothers with small children should not multitask!
But I try.
And fail!
ALL of the time.
Prior to the scene above I had ruined a shirt (large bleach stain) and kicked (inadvertently) the vacuum while operating it and ripped (I mean ripped) my big toe nail back in three pieces to expose the soft sensitive tissue your nail protects.
But guess what?
I am still happy, happy, happy!?
Because, this is what Mama's do for their babies!
Right?!
The Elmo cake he asked for.
Aww..Wyatt looks so happy too! :)
ReplyDeleteNice cake! You did a good job! I am cringing about your toe.
ReplyDeleteWow! I am totally impressed with the cake you made!
ReplyDeleteErin Lamka
awww Nance you did so good. The Elmo cake fits him perfectly. You are such a selfless mom! Virtuous!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete